tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From ant elder <ant.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding http client dependencies to host-http
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2010 08:23:44 GMT
On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 12:14 AM, Raymond Feng <cyberfeng@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm making some changes to the HTTP reference bindings (such as
> binding-atom and binding-jsonrpc) to use Apache HTTP components HTTP client.
> The project coming into my mind to contain the common code for HTTPClient is
> host-http. But it will add a few more dependencies into the "base-runtime"
> and fails two test cases that check the number of dependencies. Any
> objections to add the HTTPClient dependency?

Users do care about required dependencies so trying to keep the list as
small is possible is worthwhile, therefore having the HTTP Client
dependencies always required doesn't seem ideal if its not actually used for
anything.

What about defining the dependency with a scope of optional in common-http
and then for the extension that do require it define it with a scope of
runtime?

   ...ant