tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From ant elder <ant.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Adding new function to the Tuscany trunk that's not yet ready for release
Date Sat, 03 Jul 2010 08:09:09 GMT
On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 8:41 AM, Simon Laws <simonslaws@googlemail.com> wrote:

>> We should promote things
>> from 2 into 3 when the features are ready.
>
> What does "we" mean here. Presumably developers working on modules can
> do this when they feel ready.

Yes i think thats implied from all the previous discussions we've had
around this, that has to be up to the devs doing the work.

I'm not totally convinced about the need for a contrib folder in
trunk. The point of it sounds like so that things can be removed when
a release is done, but why remove things? I'd rather get feedback from
users as soon as possible so prefer to include even work in progress
items in releases.

   ...ant