tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Deprecating Binding.HTTP
Date Mon, 12 Jul 2010 21:19:03 GMT
On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 1:58 PM, ant elder <ant.elder@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think i saw in some oasis meeting minutes recently where that there
> was some movement on the http binding, i'll go ask.

Please let us know if there is any progress there.

> I think we should have some sort of http binding and leave the the
> rest binding to only deal with real REST style things. For example,
> REST operations shouldn't really have something like an opertaion or
> method name encoded in the url so somethng like
> http://localhost:8085/EchoService?method=echo&msg=Hello would be
> better on an http binding instead of the rest one.

We have been doing extensions to most of the specifications we have in
Tuscany, and this could fit well with a "extension"  to the http
binding. This is somewhat aligned with what is available in REST/Wink
to allow invocation of RPC operations via REST, the only difference is
that the URL pattern is somewhat different to allow portability
between bindings. Currently the RPC over GET support of very easy to
detach and is currently defined as a specific operation selector.

>Another example is
> back in 1.x we have both binding.jsonrpc and a wireformat.jsonrpc on
> binding.http don't we? That seems like a good thing to do again in 2.x
> with binding.http to me.

I have started another thread for this over the weekend, please send
your thoughts on that thread[1].

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@tuscany.apache.org/msg13194.html

--
Luciano Resende