tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject REST, WireFormats, ATOM, etc
Date Sun, 11 Jul 2010 01:13:40 GMT
Currently, the REST Binding allows configuring multiple wireFormats
that defines the payload format. In this scenario, the client/server
communication semantics are exactly the same independent of what is
being sent over the wire (JSON, XML, etc).

For other HTTP Based technologies, such ATOM, etc, which have their
own specification which define particular client/server communication
semantics; we have been creating specific bindings (e.g.
binding.atom).

How people think we should handle these types of bindings ?

1) continue with specific bindings for things like ATOM, etc
2) Investigate the possibility to have some kind of map between
wireFormat.ATOM to Binding.ATOM
3) Incorporate these type of bindings as wireFormats within the REST Binding

Thoughts ?

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende