tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From ant elder <ant.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sample tuscany launcher shell
Date Sat, 03 Jul 2010 06:12:16 GMT
On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 11:14 PM, Jean-Sebastien Delfino
<jsdelfino@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've committed a little program that I find useful to start and stop Tuscany
> nodes interactively under samples/launcher-shell.
>
> It just reads and executes commands from input. The following commands are
> supported:
> start <node-name> <contrib-uri> <contrib-location>
> stop <node-name>
> status
> history
> bye to exit
>
> For details to build and run it, see the README [1].
>
> I've been thinking about adding a little more to it, like support for
> multiple contributions, display the composites, or more node status info
> for example.
>
> Hope this helps.
> [1]
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/sca-java-2.x/trunk/samples/launcher-shell/README
> --
> Jean-Sebastien

I like it. There are already some scripts in the binary distribution
that run contributions, but its nicer to to run interactively like
this does so we could update the distribution scripts to use this. It
would be good to support all the other domain operations too so I'd
like to help do that if thats ok with you.

   ...ant