tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From ant elder <ant.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Node2 vs Node, parallel universes? Sample tuscany launcher shell
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2010 06:43:48 GMT
I'll respond to this in two separate replies as there are two things
you're asking about.

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 7:14 AM, Jean-Sebastien Delfino
<jsdelfino@apache.org> wrote:

<snip>

> I'm puzzled as well with the logic in stop(), which now calls node.stop() +
> factory.stop() + removeFromDomainLevelComposite(). For me starting /
> stopping components in nodes is really orthogonal to adding / removing
> composites to / from the domain.

The stop command has three variations depending on the arguments:

1) stop contributionURI compositeURI
2) stop contributionURI
3) stop

In (1) that will stop a running composite which is the same as the
stop command you had with the difference that your original start
command could give the deployed composite a label like "nodeA" and
then use that label on the stop. The old start used the composite
qname this one uses the composite uri and that matches the operations
describe in the spec, and when using start contributionURI composite
URI  you don't really need another label for that. We could add the
other way too i guess, is that something you feel strongly about?

The (2) format stops a contribution and all its running composites,
(3) stops everything and shuts down the shell which is the same as
your 'bye' command, the bye command is still there doing the same as
the noarg stop. Are you sayng you'd prefer the noarg stop command is
removed and only have bye?

> I think we should revert back to specific parameters on the command methods,
> like you still have on start() instead of just a list of toks like you now
> have on stop(). Passing the list of toks defeats the purpose of the eval()
> method.

Seems like an implementation detail but fine. Passing in toks made it
easy to handle optional arguments but either approach is ok by me.

   ...ant