tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From ant elder <ant.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Doing another 2.x release in a few weeks?
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2010 14:24:42 GMT
On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 2:08 PM, Mike Edwards
<mike.edwards.inglenook@gmail.com> wrote:
> Luciano Resende wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 7:37 AM, ant elder <ant.elder@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Its three weeks since the M5 release now and it would be good to try
>>> to do more frequent releases so how about aiming for another release
>>> in a few weeks time? Don't need to do anything about it yet, just if
>>> you have things you're working on for the next release keep this time
>>> frame in mind - so that would be done in two weeks leaving the last
>>> week to sort out the release and voting. Does that suite everyone?
>>>
>>> Â  ...ant
>>>

>> To my surprise, I still hear from people that are using Tuscany that
>> they haven't look too serious in the 2.x yet, because it's a milestone
>> release. Any reason not to call this our 2.0 release ?
>>

> Folks,
>
> +1 to another release - and I agree with Luciano, time to encourage folk to
> use 2.x so I'm in favour of making this a full release.  We're getting close
> on OASIS compliance and the functionality is looking good.

I agree calling these "milestone" releases puts people of using it.
How about though we call this next release something else (beta?) and
do the one after that as 2.0? That would give a little more time to
polish things so when people do try it they get a good experience.
There is still quite a lot that could do with tidying - the samples,
website, etc, - and I'm not sure we'd get much of that done in just
the next three weeks along with all the other work that is currently
being done.

   ...ant