tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Sebastien Delfino <jsdelf...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Sample tuscany launcher shell
Date Sun, 04 Jul 2010 20:19:01 GMT
ant elder wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 11:14 PM, Jean-Sebastien Delfino
> <jsdelfino@apache.org> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've committed a little program that I find useful to start and stop Tuscany
>> nodes interactively under samples/launcher-shell.
>>
>> It just reads and executes commands from input. The following commands are
>> supported:
>> start <node-name> <contrib-uri> <contrib-location>
>> stop <node-name>
>> status
>> history
>> bye to exit
>>
>> For details to build and run it, see the README [1].
>>
>> I've been thinking about adding a little more to it, like support for
>> multiple contributions, display the composites, or more node status info
>> for example.
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>> [1]
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/sca-java-2.x/trunk/samples/launcher-shell/README
>> --
>> Jean-Sebastien
>>

> I like it. There are already some scripts in the binary distribution
> that run contributions, but its nicer to to run interactively like
> this does so we could update the distribution scripts to use this. It
> would be good to support all the other domain operations too so I'd
> like to help do that if thats ok with you.
>
>    ...ant

Hi Ant,

Thanks for volunteering. I'm glad you like it, I've been using this
little shell to start/stop my apps and found it quite easy to use so I
thought it'd help others too.

If you want to help, I need more commands (to support apps made of
multiple contribs etc), illustrated by the following example script:

=> install c1 http://foo.org/c.jar

=> install c2 http://foo.org/d.jar

=> install c3 http://foo.org/e.jar

=> installed
c1 http://foo.org/c.jar http://myns foo
c2 http://foo.org/d.jar http://myns bar
c3 http://foo.org/e.jar

=> installed c1
c1 http://foo.org/c.jar http://myns foo

=> validate c1
resolved c3
missing http://otherns x4 (a namespace provided by c4)

=> install c4 http://foo.org/f.jar

=> start nodeA c1 http://myns foo

=> start nodeB c2 http://myns bar

=> status
nodeA c1 http://myns foo
nodeB c2 http://myns bar

=> status nodeA
nodeA c1 http://myns foo

=> stop nodeA

=> stop nodeB

=> bye

In this example, c1 is a contribution URI, http://foo.org/c.jar its
location, nodeA is a node name, http://myns foo is a composite qname.

I was going to code these commands myself as I'll need them mid of this
week, but I could use your help as I'm quite busy with other things too.

So if you have time, do you think you could add the above commands
sometime this week? That would really help me a lot!

Thanks!
--
Jean-Sebastien