tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Nash <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Adding new function to the Tuscany trunk that's not yet ready for release
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2010 11:10:50 GMT
I'm OK with all of this.  I believe the implication (not stated explicitly)
is that everything in "modules" needs to be included in the main build.
I think this should be a requirement, and anything that isn't ready for this
should be under "contrib".

Also, I'm not sure how this affects the contents of "samples".  I just
came across two recently added 1.x samples that aren't in the build, and
one of these can't be added to the build because it isn't buildable.
I think we should treat "samples" in the same way as "modules", which
would suggest the following structure:

trunk
   modules (for release, all in the build)
   samples (for release, all in the build)
   etc.
   contrib (excluded from release profile)
     modules (not for release, some in the build)
     samples (not for release, some in the build)
     etc.

   Simon