tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From ant elder <ant.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: releasing the maven-tuscany-plugin
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2010 14:22:57 GMT
On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 2:48 PM, Simon Laws <simonslaws@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 2:14 PM, kelvin goodson <kg@thegoodsons.org.uk> wrote:
>> Ant mentioned that the maven-tuscany-plugin should be released in
>> parallel with the sca-java 2.0 M5 release.  Is there any reason why I
>> shouldn't go ahead and cut a branch for this?
>>
>> Kelvin.
>>

> I don't expect so but if this plugin and Tuscany trunk depend on one
> another why don't we pull this particular plugin into trunk otherwise
> it'll be a problem every time we try and release. It feels like make
> work.

The main reason we don't do this was because there didn't used to be a
way to have the Maven reactor build the plugins before there were
used. That meant that either the build would fail or you needed a
separate build step( eg -Psetup) or if you got "lucky" the build would
work but it would be using the previous version of the plugin so any
problems didn't get found until the next build which used to cause all
sorts of confusion. It looks like this has been fixed in Maven now -
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-2135 - so we could try moving it
to be part of trunk. I shall have a look...

   ...ant