tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Laws <simonsl...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: lib directory in binary distro
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2010 08:02:25 GMT
On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 6:01 PM, Luciano Resende <luckbr1975@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 9:49 AM, Raymond Feng <cyberfeng@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> If we decide to have them in M5, we should document that it's experimental
>> and subject to further changes. The bottom line is that I want to make sure
>> the door is still open and the "existence" of such jars in M5 is NOT an
>> excuse to stay as-is in the future :-).
>> Thanks,
>> Raymond
>
> In the past, people have told me multiple times that I can't change
> something because we have previously released it. So, as suggested by
> Raymond, if we release it, I want to make sure we clearly mention this
> is experimental and might go away in the future. My personal
> preference would be to make it available in trunk where people
> interested in this approach could evaluate/play with it.
>

> --
> Luciano Resende
> http://people.apache.org/~lresende
> http://twitter.com/lresende1975
> http://lresende.blogspot.com/

My  feeling is that these are milestone releases as we head towards a
2.0 release proper and I don't personally feel that there are sacred
cows in there, i.e. I don't subscribe to the "once it's it it can't be
removed" notion.

We do need to have a discussion about the
format/structure/capabilities of the 2.0 release and when we think we
might be ready to create such a thing. To a certain a extent we've
been down this road before and for some reason it's not been plain
sailing. We do though need to reach some conclusions so that we can
get on with building the interesting stuff.  So first things first how
do people suggest we go about doing that?

Simon