tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Laws <simonsl...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [2.x] Getting started with Tuscany M5 release
Date Tue, 25 May 2010 14:21:50 GMT
On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 2:31 PM, Simon Laws <simonslaws@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 12:03 PM, kelvin goodson <kg@thegoodsons.org.uk> wrote:
>> On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 11:47 AM, ant elder <antelder@apache.org> wrote:

>>> How about i hold off more sample changes for the time being and we can
>>> see how things go with whats there for now and review post-M5 what
>>> other changes and clean up could be done.
>>>
>>>   ...ant
>> Sounds good
>>
>> Kelvin.
>>>

> I just went through the non-webapp samples in a locally created distro
> and recorded my findings here [1].
>
> There are things we need to fix but primarily we need to decide what's
> in and out.
>
> Am looking at the webapps now.
>
> Simon
>
> [1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANYWIKI/Release+-+Java+SCA+2.0+M5
>
> --
> Apache Tuscany committer: tuscany.apache.org
> Co-author of a book about Tuscany and SCA: tuscanyinaction.com

Ok, so I've updated the chart for webapps also. It's looks a bit shaky
at the moment. For the samples that we do include I think they should
have a reasonable README and they should work. I'm not so concerned
that we have several different ways of doing things depending on which
sample you choose. We have a TODO for after M5 to bring some
consistency. However if we are going to include samples the user
should be able to work out how to build and use them. Here's a high
level summary...

Helloworld Samples
==================
Decide what we want to do here about READMEs and ant scripts
We at least need to be consistent
Either fix the ones that don't work or exclude them
See the wiki [1] for failure details

helloworld
helloworld-bpel
helloworld-scaclient
helloworld-spring
helloworld-ws-sdo
webapps/helloworld
webapps/helloworld-bpel
webapps/helloworld-jaxrs
webapps/helloworld-jms
webapps/helloworld-js-client
webapps/helloworld-jsf
webapps/helloworld-jsp
webapps/helloworld-servlet
webapps/helloworld-stripes
webapps/helloworld-wicket

SCA Calculator Samples
======================
binding.rmi 	  	  	  	        Add README
binding.rmi/contribution-calculator-reference
binding.rmi/contribution-calculator-service
binding.sca                                     Add README
binding.sca/contribution-calculator
calculator.osgi                                 Fix command line
calculator-scaclient                            continue to exclude
from distro for M%
contribution-binding-ws-calculator
contribution-implementation-java-calculator
launcher-command-line
launcher-embedded-jse
launcher-embedded-osgi                          Fix it

DOSGI samples
==============
dosgi-calculator                                Fix it
dosgi-calculator-operations                     Fix it
dosgi-dynamic-calculator
dosgi-dynamic-calculator-operations

App samples
Store                                           Try it and include it
if it works
store-webapp

Regards