tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Laws <simonsl...@googlemail.com>
Subject Releasing the travel sample? was - Re: Travel sample distribution packaging
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2010 07:35:58 GMT
On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 12:50 PM, Simon Nash <nash@apache.org> wrote:
> Simon Nash wrote:
>>
>> Simon Laws wrote:
>>>
>>> OK, Simon, sounds like good news. I should have a little time this
>>> week to try this out sometime so let me know when you're set and I'll
>>> check it out and give it a spin here.
>>>
>>> Simon
>>>
>> I have committed a fix for TUSCANY-3460.  This packages the OpenEJB
>> 3.1.2 dependencies as part of the travel sample and avoids the need for
>> environment variables or separate downloads.
>>
>> This change doesn't address TUSCANY-3462, and I suggest you wait for my
>> fix for this before trying it out.  I should be able to commit this
>> change tomorrow.  The fix for TUSCANY-3462 will use maven profiles to
>> enable the travel sample to be built either as a delta to the Tuscany SCA
>> 1.6 binary distro (the default) or in a fully self-contained mode (as the
>> build is doing currently).
>>
>>  Simon
>>
> I have just committed a fix for TUSCANY-3462.  This changes the default
> for the travel sample build so that the Tuscany runtime dependencies aren't
> included in the travel sample binary distro.  It's also possible to run the
> travel sample build using "mvn -Pselfcontained" to create a self-contained
> travel sample binary distro including the Tuscany runtime dependencies.
> This may be useful in some testing scenarios.
>
> For both of these flavours of the travel sample binary distro, the
> ant scripts in the launchers, clients, and services directories can be
> used to run the jars in these directories.  In the default build,
> these ant scripts add the necessary Tuscany dependencies to the runtime
> classpath, using the environment variable TUSCANY_HOME to discover the
> location of the Tuscany SCA binary distro.  In the self-contained build,
> these ant scripts just run the jars without adding anything to the
> runtime classpath.
>
> Any feedback on these changes would be very welcome.
>
>  Simon

It's been a while since this discussion and I've lost track of the
changes that have been made since. However changes seemed to have
tailed off now  so how about we get on and roll a release candidate so
that we can all kick the tyres and see if we're happy with it's
current configuration and content.

Anyone fancy being release manager?

Simon