tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tuscany participation at ApacheCon North America 2010
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2010 03:57:23 GMT
On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 5:36 PM, Luciano Resende <luckbr1975@gmail.com> wrote:
> The ApacheCon US 2010 planners are starting to discuss this year
> conference program.
>
> I'd like to volunteer to coordinate Tuscany participation for this
> year conference, and propose we do something similar to last year and
> start collecting abstracts for a 1/2 day (3 sessions) participation.
>
> I have started a placeholder for posting abstracts at [1]
>
> Thoughts ?
>
> [1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANYWIKI/ApacheCon+US+2010+-+Atlanta

The initial plan is that Tuscany will have 6 slots for presentations
on the next ApacheCon at Atlanta.
We need to provide the following information by no later of April 30th.

- a 200-word summary (boilerplate copy) of the general programmatic
content of your track (Draft available on the wiki)
- a final program containing the six presentations for your track
- a classification for each presentation (or overall track) to one of
the three themes above – some presentations may have more than one
theme (e.g., a next-generation server can be classified both as
"Servers" and "Innovation"
- a proposed schedule for your track containing your preferred order
of presentation

Please let's use the wiki to build the Tuscany track content...

I was planning to propose abstracts for :
 - SCA reach the cloud session
 - Async programming model with SCA

If the Tuscany community is OK, I was chatting with another committer
on PhotArk podling and we were discussing a possible session
describing how PhotArk is exploiting Tuscany/SCA, benefits, etc.

Raymond, are you planning to do the OSGi ones ?

Any other community members with session ideas ?

Let's get this rolling and take the opportunity to develop a great
track and build up the community.

[1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANYWIKI/ApacheCon+US+2010+-+Atlanta

--
Luciano Resende