tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Path decoding (was Re: Will there be an OpenEJB 3.0.2 release?)
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2010 12:33:31 GMT

On Sep 17, 2009, at 8:26 AM, Luciano Resende wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 8:15 AM, Simon Laws
> <simonslaws@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> On Luciano's point. Luciano, Is this definitely an OpenEJB problem
>> and, if so, is there an OpenEJB JIRA targeting 3.0.2?
>>

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-1068

Think we might have gotten somewhere on this issue.  So as mentioned
in the OPENEJB-1068 comments, the decoding was added to fix a windows
space related path issue.  I dug through the commit messages on the
URLs class and found it:   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-767

The good part is that it occurred to me that converting a URL to a
File has to be something that the VM does all the time when someone
calls url.openStream()... so I went digging around and eventually
found my way to the Harmony code that does it.  Turns out it decodes
the "%" parts and just ignores the "+" parts.

Anyway, I checked the fix into trunk (3.1.3-SNAPSHOT), but can add it
to the 3.0.x branch as well.

I was going to try this out in Tuscany using the instructions given,
but I seem to recall seeing some commits a bit back that said the
OpenEJB dependency was yanked.  If that's the case, I'll just pulling
the svn revision from around the time the issue was reported for
testing purposes.

-David