tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Sebastien Delfino <jsdelf...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tuscany participation at ApacheCon North America 2010
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2010 21:34:49 GMT
Luciano Resende wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 5:36 PM, Luciano Resende <luckbr1975@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The ApacheCon US 2010 planners are starting to discuss this year
>> conference program.
>>
>> I'd like to volunteer to coordinate Tuscany participation for this
>> year conference, and propose we do something similar to last year and
>> start collecting abstracts for a 1/2 day (3 sessions) participation.
>>
>> I have started a placeholder for posting abstracts at [1]
>>
>> Thoughts ?
>>
>> [1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANYWIKI/ApacheCon+US+2010+-+Atlanta
>
> The initial plan is that Tuscany will have 6 slots for presentations
> on the next ApacheCon at Atlanta.
> We need to provide the following information by no later of April 30th.
>
> - a 200-word summary (boilerplate copy) of the general programmatic
> content of your track (Draft available on the wiki)
> - a final program containing the six presentations for your track
> - a classification for each presentation (or overall track) to one of
> the three themes above – some presentations may have more than one
> theme (e.g., a next-generation server can be classified both as
> "Servers" and "Innovation"
> - a proposed schedule for your track containing your preferred order
> of presentation
>

> Please let's use the wiki to build the Tuscany track content...
>
> I was planning to propose abstracts for :
>  - SCA reach the cloud session
>  - Async programming model with SCA
>
> If the Tuscany community is OK, I was chatting with another committer
> on PhotArk podling and we were discussing a possible session
> describing how PhotArk is exploiting Tuscany/SCA, benefits, etc.
>
> Raymond, are you planning to do the OSGi ones ?
>
> Any other community members with session ideas ?
>
> Let's get this rolling and take the opportunity to develop a great
> track and build up the community.
>
> [1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANYWIKI/ApacheCon+US+2010+-+Atlanta

I'd like to volunteer too. I'll be happy to help, and Atlanta is just a
4:30 hour flight from San Francisco.

Off the top of my head, I'd be comfortable with topics like 'SCA
composites in the cloud', 'Tuscany and Web 2.0 apps', 'Tuscany SPIs,
embedding / extending the Tuscany runtime', 'Assembling Python
components with Tuscany', a 'build your first SCA app from scratch' demo
or anything that presents the SCA programming model and its Tuscany
extensions... I'm open to any other ideas, let's work on the Wiki and
see how the track shapes up...

--
Jean-Sebastien