tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From "Joseph, Roshan IN BLR SISL" <Roshan.Jos...@siemens.com>
Subject RE: binding.jms in SCA Java 2.0 M4
Date Thu, 19 Nov 2009 04:27:46 GMT

Hi Ant,

Could you please comment on what approach will be ideal to get this JMS problem resolved in
OSGi runtime/SCA Java 2.X.
I understand that accessing JNDI resources in OSGi is not possible at present and hence the
current way of using the jndi.properties will not be a solution for Tuscany in osgi runtime.

I have looked at the servicemix-jndi integration and they have a simple implementation (based
on RFC142) which helps to get jndi lookup enabled via the osgi registry. (http://servicemix.apache.org/SMX4NMR/7-jndi-integration.html)
They use javax.naming.spi.InitialContextFactoryBuilder for lookup and the lookup will return
a proxy to the filtered osgi service in the registry.

Will a similar implementation resolve the jndi problem with the current code base of Tuscany
binding.jms implementation? Since the JMSREsourceFactoryImpl in o.a.t.s.b.jms.provider uses
jndilookup everywhere, I see another method
lookupPhysical(String jndiName) being not implemented, the comment says this for non jndi
complaint destination names. Is there any specific approach planned for this implementation,
if so would be happy to contribute from my side to get it working.

Also the servicemix activemq integration talks about pooled connectionFactory for activemq
and here I believe they use spring and Jencks (http://docs.codehaus.org/display/JCA/Home)
to achieve this. I have not looked into this in much detail, but do you think, something similar
to this will be a possible solution for achieving JMS capability in Tuscany in 2.X

Please feel free to correct me, if my findings are wrong or misleading and I do appreciate
any feedback from Tuscany dev community.

Regards,
Roshan