tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From "Joseph, Roshan IN BLR SISL" <Roshan.Jos...@siemens.com>
Subject RE: binding.jms in SCA Java 2.0 M4
Date Mon, 16 Nov 2009 08:08:05 GMT
Hi Ant,
 Thank you for the information, what I could understand from the activemq integration for
servicemix, they use something like a pooled JMS ConnectionFactory that is registered in OSGi.

Also I believe this is more unique to activemq integration and not across all JMS implementations.
Does this mean that, to make JMS binding work in Tuscany SCA 2.X jndi.properties will not
be the solution?

Please feel free to correct me if my thinking is wrong...

Regards,
Roshan

-----Original Message-----
From: ant elder [mailto:ant.elder@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, November 13, 2009 5:00 PM
To: dev@tuscany.apache.org
Cc: Joseph, Roshan IN BLR SISL
Subject: Re: binding.jms in SCA Java 2.0 M4

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 10:55 AM, Joseph, Roshan IN BLR SISL
<Roshan.Joseph@siemens.com> wrote:
> Hi Raymond,
>
>  Do you think the activemq bundles need to be included as well in the
> modules folder? I am using the SCA 2.0 M4 release and I don't see the
> activemq bundles there. Is that could be the problem.
>

> Please let me know if so. Thank you and appreciate your help.
>

> Regards
>
> Roshan

Yes something like that is definitely needed, but i'm not sure that
alone would be enough to get it working. The JMS samples we have use
the jndi.properties file to configure the JMS resources and I suspect
that wont work as-is in OSGi. There is some ActiveMQ doc on running in
OSGi at http://activemq.apache.org/osgi-integration.html, so you could
try that and using the web console to configure the resources and see
how that goes. We've just not had a chance to work through this for
M4, I'd hope we can by M5 and have a sample demonstrating how to do
it, but if you or anyone else can help work out whats needed in the
meantime that would be great.

   ...ant