tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] 2.x build structure
Date Tue, 17 Nov 2009 23:35:49 GMT
On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 11:45 AM, Simon Laws <simonslaws@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Firstly, what sort of machine do you have Luciano (I gotta get me one
> of those!) Secondly, do you have any specific configuration or tuning
> that allows you to get the build done in 12 minutes?
>
> Simon

The 12 mins build was on a shared desktop machine I have from my
employer, and to do a fair comparison I tried the same thing in my
laptop (MacBook Pro 2.53 GHZ with 4GB RAM) and below are the results
of a full 2.x build (mvn -fae clean install)

[INFO] Total time: 14 minutes 3 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Tue Nov 17 15:22:05 PST 2009
[INFO] Final Memory: 179M/335M

Note that I have no specific tweaks or special tunings, except for
using -o to stay offline and speed up things.

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende