tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Intermitent build fails
Date Fri, 13 Nov 2009 19:45:44 GMT
On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 2:29 AM, Mike Edwards
<mike.edwards.inglenook@gmail.com> wrote:
> ant elder wrote:
>>
>> We've now several things that fail intermittently causing build fails,
>> i see this in the Hudson builds, running locally, and at least one
>> other I've asked also sees them. The build is getting big and taking a
>> long time these days so its becoming quite a pain to have to restart
>> after a random fail. There's three main culprit's:
>>
>> - binding-atom-runtime gets http errors from remote sites. (i've taken
>> this out of my local build as it happens so often)
>> - bpel samples, seems to be an internal Ode time out set to low so
>> times out when the build runs slow
>> - the JMS properties itest. Seems totally random and not just when
>> things are running slow.
>>
>> I'll have a look at the JMS one, any volunteers to fix the others?
>>
>>   ...ant
>>
> Ant,
>
> I've bumped into the ODE timeout issue myself when running BPEL stuff
> locally.
>
> I'll take a look at that.
>

> Regarding the binding-atom-runtime, in my opinion, those tests that use
> external sites should be suppressed.  They are inappropriate for tests that
> are being run as part of the build.
>

> Yours,  Mike.

I'll look at the ATOM one, but I'm not sure I agree that we should
suppress the tests to external sites, as some of this bindings power
is really the ability to consume external live feeds. Maybe a option
would be to have a local copy of the feed stored locally for the test,
but I'm not sure about the license implications about this.

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende