tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tuscany 2.x Documentation
Date Mon, 02 Nov 2009 17:44:47 GMT
On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 5:16 AM, ant elder <ant.elder@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 4:52 PM, Luciano Resende <luckbr1975@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have noticed that people have started to be more active on writing
>> 2.x documentation, but they are being scattered all over the different
>> wikis we have. I'd like to suggest we concentrate in using the 2.x
>> documentation wiki [1] which is linked from the website as the proper
>> documentation for 2.x. If there are issues with that, let me know and
>> I can volunteer to make it better. I will also try to move some of the
>> existent 2.x contents to the 2.x documentation wiki.
>>
>> [1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANYxDOCx2x/Index
>>

> There are some problems with using the TUSCANYxDOCx2x wiki space. It
> doesnt seem to get built into the Tuscany website so links have to be
> to cwiki.apache.org instead of tuscany.apache.org which the cwiki doc
> says we shouldn't do. It also means that search engines don't index
> the doc in the cwiki space which i think would really need to be fixed
> if we're going to use it. And, I dont know how to say it other than
> just saying it - IMHO TUSCANYxDOCx2x doesn't look very good, i know it
> was done this way to try to get the automated PDF generation working
> but its not consistent with the rest of the Tuscany website and it
> doesn't look great.
>
>   ...ant

This is good feedback, so let me see if I understand it correct :
 - We need to export it to be accessible via tuscany.apache.org
- We need to make it look and feel similar to our website scheme.

How about the navigation style ? My original idea wasn't really about
the PDF only, but the navigation style that looked more like a
documentation divided into chapters then just a plain website... I'll
see if I can apply the feedback above and still maintain the
navigation style.

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende