tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Laws <simonsl...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [2.x] Calculating Endpoints to promoted services
Date Fri, 02 Oct 2009 13:56:24 GMT
Well we should either process it OR point out through a warning that
it's being ignored. Silently ignoring it is what leads to confusion.

What is the proposal to process? That we should assume that they
configure the component references and services that they promote?

>From the example given it would seem that this is a valid way to
configure a component service. However explicit words were put into
the spec to apparently discount this at the domain leve. I'd like to
get a sounding from one of the spec team on the implications of
definition of composite services and references at the domain level as
currently defined in the OASIS specs.

On a purely technical note (which is probably not that relevant yet)
we host service and reference endpoints and endpoint references on
components. Composite services and references form part of the
component type of a component that uses the composite through
implementation.composite and hence that's where the endpoint and
endpoint references are dealt with.

Simon