tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From ant elder <antel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Simplifying our current SVN Structure
Date Tue, 13 Oct 2009 08:01:59 GMT
On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 4:03 PM, Luciano Resende <luckbr1975@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 11:30 AM, Raymond Feng <enjoyjava@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Who are the people that blindly check out our source code without reading
>> our web sites or mailing list? Do we reference the svn directories in our
>> releases?
>>
>> If people find a svn directory doesn't exist any more, they can just simply
>> do one of the following:
>>
>> 1) Check our web site (We should add a "Source Code" to left panel on our
>> home page)
>> 2) Browse http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany (The proposed new
>> subfolders are self-explanatory).
>> 3) Ask on the Tuscany dev or user ML
>>
>> If we like the new structure technically, let's do it. +1 from me.
>>

> Looks like various people were in agreement to clean up our SVN
> structure to make things a little more organized and bring related
> resources together. I was thinking if we could do this and be ready
> for ApacheCon (sometime before end of the month)...
>
> Thoughts ?

I'm still not keen, and I don't see whats wrong with just doing some
minor cleanup and adding a README to to the top of SVN which should be
enough to make it clear for anyone. Moves like you're suggesting _are_
going to be disruptive, we've a ton of stuff to do that really will
make a difference such as all spec conformance work, and i think it
would be better to get that type of thing done for ApacheCon.

   ...ant