tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From ant elder <ant.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [2.x] Calculating Endpoints to promoted services
Date Fri, 02 Oct 2009 07:39:21 GMT
On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 5:14 AM, Raymond Feng <enjoyjava@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is expected per the OASIS spec:
>
> 3865 11.6.1 add To Domain-Level Composite
> 3866 This functionality adds the composite identified by a supplied URI to
> the Domain Level Composite. The
> 3867 supplied composite URI refers to a composite within an installed
> contribution. The composite's installed
> 3868 contribution determines how the composite's artifacts are resolved
> (directly and indirectly). The supplied
> 3869 composite is added to the domain composite with semantics that
> correspond to the domain-level
> 3870 composite having an <include> statement that references the supplied
> composite. All of the composites
> 3871 components become top-level components and the component services
> become externally visible
> 3872 services (eg. they would be present in a WSDL description of the
> Domain). The meaning of any promoted
> 3873 services and references in the supplied composite is not defined; since
> there is no composite scope
> 3874 outside the domain composite, the usual idea of promotion has no
> utility

It does seem a bit odd to just ignore the binding configuration. If
there are no other spec comments about what to do in this situation
wouldn't it be better to have Tuscany use the binding as I'm sure
Luciano isn't going to be the last person getting confused by the
current Tuscany behaviour.

   ...ant