tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From ant elder <antel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Simplifying our current SVN Structure
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2009 06:26:44 GMT
On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 9:11 PM, Luciano Resende <luckbr1975@gmail.com> wrote:

>> I agree with some of the previous comments about all the contrib
>> folders being confusing. Could we have just a single contrib folder or
>> move it all to the sandbox folder?
>>

> A single contrib folder would make things more hard to find, how would
> you differentiate from 1.x to 2.x in teh sca case ? How about other
> projects like DAS, SDO, etc Also, moving it to sandbox will just make
> it hard to find to anyone other then the very active community
> members... adding them together with the active code stream would
> probably increase the possibility that these contrib projects can come
> to live again at some point.

We've been mainly using the contrib folders for a way of deleting
things without actually deleting. I don't think there are any DAS or
SDO or CPP things being slowly developed in any contrib folders not
trunk, or even much for SCA - the loadbalancing and workpool demos -
most things that are being developed out of trunk are already done in
the sandbox - eg the travel sample, store-secure etc. Guess we could
have separate sandboxes or contrib folders just in case for sdo, das,
cpp etc, but seems simpler to me to just have the one high level
sandbox area like we do now.

   ...ant