tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject [2.x] Calculating Endpoints to promoted services
Date Fri, 02 Oct 2009 00:11:20 GMT
While bringing up the JSON-RPC Binding, I got some weird errors where
the binding wouldn't get started... after a quick investigation I
realized this is happening because of the binding was being configured
in a promoted service and not at the component level, and in this
scenario, the end point was only being configured with default sca
binding.

This DOES NOT work

<service name="EchoService" promote="EchoComponent">
        <interface.java interface="echo.Echo"/>
        <tuscany:binding.jsonrpc
uri="http://localhost:8085/SCADomain/EchoService"/>
    </service>

    <component name="EchoComponent">
        <implementation.java class="echo.EchoComponentImpl"/>
    </component>

This works OK

    <component name="EchoComponent">
        <implementation.java class="echo.EchoComponentImpl"/>
        <service name="Echo">
            <tuscany:binding.jsonrpc
uri="http://localhost:8085/SCADomain/EchoService"/>
        </service>
    </component>

I'll try to get a look at this tomorrow, but if someone that has been
working on Endpoints could shine some lights... I'd appreciate.

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende