tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From "Raymond Feng" <enjoyj...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [2.x] Calculating Endpoints to promoted services
Date Fri, 02 Oct 2009 15:46:24 GMT
The spec also has the following statement:

4917 B.10 Domain
4918 An SCA Domain represents a set of Services providing an area of
Business functionality that is controlled
4919 by a single organization. As an example, for the accounts department in
a business, the SCA Domain
4920 might cover all finance-related functions, and it might contain a
series of composites dealing with specific
4921 areas of accounting, with one for Customer accounts, another dealing
with Accounts Payable.
4922 A Domain specifies the instantiation, configuration and connection of a
set of components, provided via
4923 one or more composite files. A Domain also contains Wires that connect
together the Components. A
4924 Domain does not contain promoted Services or promoted References, since
promotion has no meaning
4925 at the Domain level.

It's pretty clear that the promoted services/references at domain composite
level should be ignored. We can produce a warning
if it helps.

Thanks,
Raymond