tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Laws <simonsl...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: JMS ordered delivery
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2009 12:37:56 GMT
Ok, so following up on this a bit.

I still don't think that JMSDeliveryMode can be varied on an operation
by operation basis

I can just about buy the point about transaction being specified on
and operation by operation basis but it's not clear that the spec is
excplicity about this. Also seems like a strange thing to do.

So putting these two issues aside it is still the case that we would
have to store the JMS resources on a thread by thread basis.

For stateless components this should be straighforward as a new
component instance is created for each thread. We'd have to change the
way the JMS binding works in order to cache the JMSContext on the
basis of the invoker as opposed to each invoke.

For composite scoped components things are a little different as
multiple threads can be active in the same component instance at the
same time. We would have to have a cache of JMSContext in the invoker
indexed by thread. We would also need some code in the implementation
invoker to clear the cache, and hence release the JMS resources, when
the thread of control leaves the component.

It feels like the same solution will work in both stateless and
stateful cases but we would end up with a bit of over engineering of
the cache in the stateless case. Probably better to aim for
consistency over scope specificity in the binding though.

Thoughts anyone?

Simon