tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Laws <simonsl...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [1.5.1] Domain manager and binding.sca
Date Mon, 03 Aug 2009 08:15:22 GMT
Hi Simon

>> When creating a domain configuration from scratch using the
>> Domain Manager GUI, the generated configuration files don't include
>> a <binding.sca> entry.  This means that deployed composites that
>> use binding.sca for inter-node communication don't work "out of the
>> box" in a distributed domain configuration.  In order to get this
>> to work, it's necessary to manually edit the generated domain
>> configuration to add <binding.sca> elements to the node definitions.

snip...

Can you give a specific example here. I don't quite understand what
you mean. I just ran up the store tutorial where for an input of...

	<component name="StoreCatalog">
		<implementation.java class="services.FruitsCatalogImpl"/>
		<property name="currencyCode">USD</property>
		<service name="Catalog">
			<t:binding.jsonrpc/>
   		</service>
		<reference name="currencyConverter" target="StoreCurrencyConverter"/>
	</component>

	<component name="StoreCurrencyConverter">
		<implementation.java class="services.CurrencyConverterImpl"/>
	</component>

I get an output from the domain manager of...

<component name="StoreCatalog" uri="StoreCatalog">
  <implementation.java class="services.FruitsCatalogImpl"/>
  <service name="Catalog">
    <interface.java interface="services.Catalog"/>
    <ns2:binding.jsonrpc name="Catalog"
uri="http://localhost:8100/StoreCatalog"/>
    <callback/>
  </service>
  <reference name="currencyConverter">
    <interface.java interface="services.CurrencyConverter"/>
    <binding.sca
name="currencyConverter#StoreCurrencyConverter/CurrencyConverter"
uri="/StoreCurrencyConverter"/>
    <callback/>
  </reference>
  <property name="currencyCode" mustSupply="false" many="false"
type="ns2:string">USD</property>
</component>

<component name="StoreCurrencyConverter" uri="StoreCurrencyConverter">
  <implementation.java class="services.CurrencyConverterImpl"/>
  <service name="CurrencyConverter">
    <interface.java interface="services.CurrencyConverter"/>
    <binding.sca name="CurrencyConverter" uri="/StoreCurrencyConverter"/>
    <callback/>
  </service>
</component>

Are you talking about forward calls or callbacks or both?

Regards

Simon