tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From "Raymond Feng" <enjoyj...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [2.x] Classloading Failures running under OSGi with recent code
Date Tue, 04 Aug 2009 19:45:11 GMT
Hi,

There might be a few changes that expose the issue:

1) I recently added some code to create a "gateway" bundle that uses the
"Require-Bundle" to aggregate split packages including "META-INF.services".
2) The bundle class loader for tuscany-extensibility-equinox (which has
DynamicImport-Package: *) is used as the parent classloader of the non-OSGi
contributions.
3) The org.apache.tuscany.sca.binding.ws.axis2.Axis2ServiceProvider now uses
the following classloaders in order:
     * The tuscany-binding-ws-axis2 bundle classloader
     * The axis2 bundle classloader
     * The tuscany-extensibility-equinox bundle classloader
     * The TCCL

I could see the OSGi launcher failure for otest that complains about
ClassNotFoundException for SOAP11Factory and SOAP12Factory. This is a known
issue and we override the MF in producing the distribution.

I just added the same customization for the launcher under [1]. With this
change, I can run the otests under OSGi.

What led you to believe that the classloader is the application classloader?
Is it the output message as follows?

SCA Node API ClassLoader: sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@11b86e7

This is a false alarm as the printout is on a proxy of the Node in the
application classloader. The real node is loaded by OSGi as we can see from
the debugger.

Can you point to me the failing test cases you ran into? If the fix in [1]
doesn't help, I can further debug.

[1] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=800929&view=rev

Thanks,
Raymond