tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From ant elder <ant.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JMS ordered delivery
Date Fri, 07 Aug 2009 13:55:32 GMT
Chatting about this off list it sounds like the motivation for this is
performance and reducing the overhead of creating a new session for
each request rather than necessarily caring about message order. I've
spent a bit of time reading through the JMS spec to see what we care
share when and looking at what we could do in the Tuscany code, but it
would be good to have some specific scenarios of where the current
performance is causing a problem - is it statless or stateless scoped
components, are they one way requests or request-response style
operations, are persistent messages or transactions important etc?

   ...ant