tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From ant elder <ant.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JMS ordered delivery
Date Fri, 07 Aug 2009 07:19:22 GMT
On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 4:59 PM, ant elder<ant.elder@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 6:49 PM, Greg
> Dritschler<greg.dritschler@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have found a problem with ordered message delivery using binding.jms in
>> Tuscany 1.x.  The JMS spec says
>>
>> "Each time a client creates a MessageProducer, it defines a new sequence of
>> messages that have no ordering relationship with the messages it has
>> previously sent."
>>

> I'll comment further in another email but one question here - I
> couldn't find that quote, which spec and version/line number is it
> from?
>
>   ...ant

Answering my own question - thats from the JMS API v1.1 specification,
setion 4.6.

As an FYI the other SCA spec references related to this are: JMS
binding spec CD02 rev4 line 431-435 says the JMS binding MAY support
the "ordered" policy intent which is described in the SCA Policy spec
1.1 CD02 line1827 and another relevant section at 1899.

As the JMS binding only says "MAY support" one easy way to deal with
this is just say Tuscany doesn't. That doesn't seem such a bad thing
to me as the whole idea of message order in JMS especially when trying
to apply it across multiple clients and services is full of problems.

   ...ant