tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Nash <n...@apache.org>
Subject Calling NodeLauncher vs. calling SCANodeFactory
Date Sat, 01 Aug 2009 12:38:34 GMT
There seems to be quite a bit of overlap between the APIs in
NodeLauncher and SCANodeFactory.  Specifically, the following
pairs of API calls seem to do the same thing.

  NodeLauncher.createNodeFromURL(url)
  SCANodeFactory.createSCANodeFromURL(url)

  NodeLauncher.createNode(uri, contribution...)
  SCANodeFactory.createSCANode(uri, contribution...)

  NodeLauncher.createNode(uri, content, contribution...)
  SCANodeFactory.createSCANode(uri, content, contribution...)

  NodeLauncher.createNodeFromClassLoader(uri, classloader)
  SCANodeFactory.createSCANodeFromClassLoader(uri, classloader)

Is there any difference between calling NodeLauncher and
calling SCANodeFactory in these cases?  Our samples and tests
use both approaches.  Which should we be telling users to use?

   Simon