tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From "Raymond Feng" <enjoyj...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [2.x] package uses conflict
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2009 23:37:21 GMT
Hi,

Frankly speaking, the OSGi MANIFEST.MF from woden is a mess. It is generated
from maven-bundle-plugin and I don't think it has been carefully cleaned up.
To answer your question, here is the what I found out:

1) Bundle org.apache.woden.woden-api exports the "org.apache.woden" packages
with a "uses" directive. Please note "javax.xml.namespace" is referenced.

org.apache.woden;uses:="org.apache.woden.wsdl20,javax.xml.namespace,org.apache.woden.wsdl20.xml,
org.apache.woden.wsdl20.extensions,org.apache.woden.resolver";version="1.0"

2) Bundle org.apache.woden.woden-impl-dom imports both "org.apache.woden"
and "javax.xml.namespace" packages:

org.apache.woden;version="1.0"
javax.xml.namespace;version="1.0.0"

For 2), since it imports org.apache.woden which uses javax.xml.namespace
(0.0.0), so javax.xml.namespace 0.0.0 should be selected. But it also has a
direct import to javax.xml.namespace 1.0.0. There is a conflict.

The woden bundle has other issues too, for example, importing
org.apache.xecers packages which make the XML parser not replaceable. We
might have to raise JIRAs in woden to get them fixed.

Thanks,
Raymond