tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Edwards <mike.edwards.inglen...@gmail.com>
Subject Using a JAX-WS Client to an SCA Service exposed as a Web Service - any experience? Fault Handing in particular.
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2009 14:56:46 GMT
Folks,

I have written a JAX-WS client to an SCA service that is exposed as a Web service.

I am getting problems when the service throws an exception in response to the invocation of
service operation.  The service works fine and a response message containing a SOAP fault
is
returned to the client.  My JAX-WS client barfs, with an exception in the JAXB data conversion
code,
which in other cases has been labelled as caused by a mismatch of JAX-WS versions.

My client is pure JAX-WS using the JDK 1.6.0_07 from Sun - and thus uses the JAX-WS implementation

that is in there (it calls itself version 2.1.1).

The exception I get on the client is this:

java.lang.ClassCastException: com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.JAXBContextImpl cannot be cast to

com.sun.xml.internal.bind.api.JAXBRIContext
	at com.sun.xml.internal.ws.fault.SOAPFaultBuilder.<clinit>(Unknown Source)

...clearly deep inside the Sun JAX-WS implementation code.

Anyone come across this one before??

PS Invocations of service operations that don't generate exceptions/faults work just fine.

Yours,  Mike.