tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From "Luciano Resende" <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Android progress update
Date Sat, 20 Dec 2008 23:03:48 GMT
Below are some updates on what I have done on Android on the last
couple days...

- Store android sample app : a work in progress store app that runs on
android and consumes the services from Tuscany original store app. It
uses native JSON support from Android and uses JSON-RPC to invoke SCA
services. The catalog piece of this sample is working fine, but we
need to finish up the cart piece, mainly getting a button on the
catalog to add to cart and the logic behind this.

- Android SCA Runtime (host-android / calculator-android) : This is
the effort we started during GSoC, I have made some progress in this
area, and right now I'm in the process of bootstrapping the tuscany
extensions in the host-android (similar to what we had before we
introduced the tuscany extension mechanism) to workaround the Android
limitation that concatenate all jars into a dex file and ignore the
META-INF pieces... this and the fixes on the android jar to allow
QNames should give us some progress on this effort.

There is also a need to get some of these sample apps integrated to
the build environment, and I have looked into this in the past, but
haven't bring the android maven plugin to life yet.

Well, anyone is welcome to help on both directions (the store-android
or Android SCA runtime)...
I'll also start working on this in the next couple days once I get
back from vacation...

--
Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany, Apache PhotArk