tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From "Simon Laws" <simonsl...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: get a reference to a domain from a remote program]
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2008 10:15:54 GMT
On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 4:24 PM, Hinde Bouziane <hbouzian@irisa.fr> wrote:

> [...]
Hi Hinde

The SCADomainFinder feature is being removed from our next release (1.3) as
it's not compatible with the Node2 implementation. What you could do is
create a composite containing a component that references component A, let's
call is AReference. If you then start a Node2 Instance configured to load
the composite containing AReference you can then use the SCAClient API on
Node2 to get a reference to AReference and the domain will ensure that the
AReference component is connected to the A component wherever that is
running. A bit clunky but we haven't yet rebuilt the client API for the new
domain implementation. Any thoughts about how we should do this are most
welcome.

Simon