tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From "Simon Laws" <simonsl...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Changing java/pom/parent/pom.xml
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2008 08:47:42 GMT
On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 7:48 AM, ant elder <antelder@apache.org> wrote:

> Yes trunk is now on version 3-SNAPSHOT but the 1.3 branch is still on
> 2-incubating isn't it? We'd need to do an official release of the new one to
> use it with the 1.3 release so I'd vote for just dropping the parent pom
> now.
>
>    ...ant
>

> On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 4:15 PM, Simon Laws <simonslaws@googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 3:06 PM, ant elder <ant.elder@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> [1],

>>> java/pom.xml
>>> used
>>> did

>>> free

>>> Whats the status of this? I might be coming in a little late but how
>>> about
>>> just dropping the tuscany parent pom altogether? We discussed this
>>> recently
>>> and have done it for the SDO 1.1.1 release -
>>> http://apache.markmail.org/message/dq2btsacsawfznop
>>>
>>>   ...ant
>>>

>> The 1.3 branch now uses the new parent pom as does the trunk I believe.
>>
>> I've no objection to moving away from the parent pom but I think we should
>> come to some conclusions about our distribution story first just in case we
>> need it.
>>
>> Simon

I have the 1.3 pom change sitting on my disc waiting to go.

I though I had started a VOTE on this last week but of course that mail when
the way of most of the things I sent toward the end of last week.

So, if you're happy to make the pom changes, I 'll go along with removing it
and worry about our distribution story separately.

Simon