tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Sebastien Delfino <jsdelf...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Some questions for workspace module in Tuscany
Date Fri, 02 May 2008 15:13:15 GMT
Jean-Sebastien Delfino wrote:
>>> - Started to create sample tasks showing how to bootstrap a subset of
>>> Tuscany to work with the various models [1], see
>>> ListDeployables.java, ListDependencies.java, ListComponents.java, and
>>> WireComponents.java.
>>>
>>> The init() methods in the sample programs are there to help explore
>>> the various Tuscany bootstrap patterns required for these common
>>> tasks, candidate to become generic utility methods if people want that.

Looking at these init methods, a lot of the setup code is about setting
up XML and document artifact processors, which we shouldn't have to
write if all the necessary processors were correctly registered under
META-INF/services.

I noticed that some of the base processors (CompositeProcessor,
ComponentTypeProcessor, ConstrainingType etc) are missing from
META-INF/services so I'm going to try to fix that and register them
dynamically like all the other ones.

That should help simplify that setup code.

--
Jean-Sebastien