tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Sebastien Delfino <jsdelf...@apache.org>
Subject Re: What's next for SCA & BPEL Integration
Date Thu, 01 May 2008 18:22:19 GMT
Mike Edwards wrote:
> Ashwini Kumar Jeksani wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Does Tuscany support SCA Extentions to WS-BPEL? If it doesn't then I
>> guess we could look into that one as well.
>>
>> Thanks & Regards
>> Ashwini Kumar Jeksani
>>
> Ashwini,
>
> Which extensions are thinking about?
>
> Currently I am working on code that scans the BPEL process and creates
> the SCA component type.  I am handling the extra @service and @reference
> parameters, but there are other ones to do with multi-refs and with
> properties that I have not looked at.  It is taking time because of the
> referenced WSDL files, which need careful scanning to find the
> partnerLinkType definitions and the associated PortType definitions.
>
> One BIG thing that you could do to help here is to start building some
> testcase BPEL + WSDL files that express these capabilities, that we can
> use to test out the code as we add the function.
>

> Yours,  Mike.

Another thing is to split the implementation-bpel in at least two modules:
- implementation-bpel - model, SCDL XML and componentType support
- implementation-bpel-ode - integration with the BPEL runtime

or three modules:
- implementation-bpel - model
- implementation-bpel-xml - SCDL XML support
- implementation-bpel-ode - integration with the BPEL runtime

This will allow SCA development, deployment, and management tools for
example to use the BPEL implementation model to create, describe,
deploy, wire BPEL components without dragging a dependency on the whole
runtime.

We've been through that with other extensions, you can find examples of
this type of split in implementation-java-*, binding-ws-*,
binding-atom-*, binding-sca-* etc.

I can help with that work if you need help or have questions.
--
Jean-Sebastien