tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Nash <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Pass-by-value related SPI change
Date Sun, 02 Mar 2008 22:34:01 GMT
Raymond Feng wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please vote on one of the following five options to define
> allowsPassByReference property for Invokers. You can vote with multiple
> choices ordered by your preference.
>
> [1] Add "boolean allowsPassByReference()" to the Invoker interface directly
>
> [2] Add "boolean allowsPassByReference()" to an optional SPI (either a
> separate interface or a sub-interface of Invoker)
>
> [3] Define an "InvokerProperties" interface to encapsulate known
> properties including "allowsPassByReference", change the
> Provider.createInvoker() to take InvokerProperties. Add
> "getInvokerProperties()" to the Invoker interface.
>
> [4] Define an "InvokerProperties" class to encapsulate known properties
> including "allowsPassByReference", add "getInvokerProperties()" to the
> Invoker interface.
>
> [5] Define an "InvokerProperties" interface to encapsulate known
> properties including "allowsPassByReference", define an
> "InvocationPropertiesFactory" interface to create "InvokerProperties",
> add "getInvokerProperties()" to the Invoker interface.
>
> My vote is [1], [2].
>
> Thanks,
> Raymond

Despite my request in [1], the option I proposed in [2] has not been
included in this vote.  It may be that option [5] was intended to be
this option, but as stated here it has significant differences from
my proposal.

I'd like to request that this vote be withdrawn and restarted with
the option I proposed in [2] included.  To avoid any possible ambiguity,
here is the summary wording for this option.

[n] Define an "InvokerProperties" interface to encapsulate known
properties including "allowsPassByReference", add an "InvokerProperties"
parameter to the createInvoker() method, and add "getInvokerProperties()"
to the Invoker interface.

   Simon

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org/msg28294.html
[2] http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org/msg28086.html