tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From "Venkata Krishnan" <for.svkr...@gmail.com>
Subject Trouble with aggregating definitions.xml in distro
Date Sat, 01 Mar 2008 18:52:27 GMT
Hi,

I have accidentally deleted this thread from my mail box.  I am not sure how
this happened when I save a draft of my reply.

So, continuing with that thread...

1) Sebastien suggested that I check out a couple of scenarios merging
definitions.xml files using the XMLAppendingTransformer.  As suspected by
him, the transformer messes up namespaces.

2) Moving to the Provider option, I wanted to write a provider that reads
the definitions.xml document and returns the model.  With this I had quite a
bit of trouble placing this provider - it could best be in the
definitions-xml module. But then to instantiate the SCADefnDocProcessor I
need the STaxProcessorExtensionPoint.  I could have this extracted in the
Provider if I passed around the ExtensionPointRegistry to the Provider.  But
the ExtensionPointRegistry interface is in the core module. So what seemed
best as of now is only a SCADefinitionsFileLocationProvider thro which the
various modules can return the path to the definitions.xml file within
them.

Meanwhile, I have written a simple shade transformer that will aggregate the
definitions.xml and add a wrapper element <tuscany:definitions> in our
distribution bundle.  I have added some code in the
SCADefinitionsDocProcessor to deal with this wrapper element.  I am in the
process of checking this out in a full distro and then will commit.

Thanks

- Venkat