tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From "kelvin goodson" <kel...@thegoodsons.org.uk>
Subject Re: Graduation next steps
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2008 16:24:51 GMT
I like to be able to look at a JIRA and readily find the discussion relating
to it, so I find having technical discussion as a series of comments in the
JIRA helpful. In this pattern it makes sense to copy JIRA comments to the
dev list, as it forms the substance of our technical communication.  I know
this is great for the person who's already deeply involved,  but might not
be so great for those who are on the fringes looking in.

It takes extra effort to play out discussion relating to a JIRA on the dev
list directly, wait for the discussion to appear in a mailing list archive,
and then insert a reference to the archive of that discussion in the JIRA.
But that's what I do in order to be able to have a central point for
referencing an issue,  and yet to create the best chance that a wide
audience will take part in the discussion.

I like the way in an svn commit you can write TUSCANY-XXXX as free text,
and end up with the commit log comment being automatically added to the
subversion commits pane of the JIRA.  Is there any way we could do something
similar so that we could automatically create pointers to mailing list
discussions in JIRAs.

Kelvin.