tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From "Luciano Resende" <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Automate itests for WAR packaging
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2008 03:03:23 GMT
I have added automation support for the Websphere platform. The
automation uses some python scripts to integrate with WAS admin tools
and can start the server, deploy the iTest web application, undeploy
the application and stop the server. There are still two issues that
needs to be addressed :

1) Executing the unit tests are not working yet, and are throwing exceptions :
    - Error 500:
com.ibm.ws.wswebcontainer.extension.DefaultExtensionProcessor
incompatible with com.ibm.wsspi.webcontainer.servlet.IServletWrapper

2) There are issues trying to run the automation from a folder other
then the iTest folder, as the ant scripts reference the ant scripts
and python scripts as relative paths, and when running from a
different folder, they can't be found.

To run, execute the following maven command from the iTest folder :

mvn -Pwebapp,websphere clean install

Note: for websphere, you should have WAS_HOME env variable set properly.

On Feb 5, 2008 5:40 PM, Luciano Resende <luckbr1975@gmail.com> wrote:
> We now have the iTest pom handling all the configuration for running
> the execution of the iTests in a web-container. At the moment, we have
> enabled selected iTests (services and componentType) and you can
> execute the tests in Geronimo and/or Jetty. Adding new iTests should
> be as simple as adding it to the module list of the webApp profile,
> but we might find issues when experimenting with ws and other bindings
> (port issues for example). To execute the tests, use the webApp
> profile + the web-container you want to test on (Geronimo or Jetty)
> under the iTest folder.
>
> mvn -Pwebapp,geronimo clean install
>
> Note : for geronimo, you should have GERONIMO_HOME env variable set
> properly. I now looking into getting the same integration with
> Websphere App Server.
>

> On Feb 5, 2008 3:35 AM, Simon Nash <nash@apache.org> wrote:
> > ant elder wrote:
> > > Could you say a bit more about why it needs to be a runtime module not just
> > > somewhere like maven-web-junit, and what the issue is in point 3? (as you
> > > can guess my preference is for this to not be in the core runtime :))
> > >
> > >    ...ant
> > >
> > I agree that we should keep this out of the core runtime if possible.
> > The "get it working now, refactor later" approach sounds attractive
> > but in practice it's hard to prioritize refactoring something that
> > already works when we have so many other things that also need to
> > be done.
> >
> >    Simon

We