tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From "Simon Laws" <simonsl...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Contents of Tuscany binary archives
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2008 09:04:13 GMT

> Perhaps you could issue the external dependencies in a separate
> archive; that would need the appropriate N &L of course, but would not
> change very often.

Sounds attractive. So we would have

tuscany-binaries
tuscany-dependencies
tuscany-src

I think this would be an advantage if we go ahead and split up our
distributions into smaller units as suggested in [1]. At the moment the
distribution contains everything and the chances that a dependency version
will change is high. With smaller, more focused distribution zips, we may be
able to maintain a set of dependency versions as the Tuscany function
matures.

Simon

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org/msg27305.html