tuscany-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Simon Laws" <simonsl...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: R1.1. Status - was: Outstanding JIRA,, release 1.1 and Quality
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2008 14:56:42 GMT
On Jan 2, 2008 10:34 PM, Jean-Sebastien Delfino <jsdelfino@apache.org>
wrote:

> Simon Laws wrote:
> > On Dec 20, 2007 10:07 PM, Simon Laws <simonslaws@googlemail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> As an experiment I looked down the first page of the outstanding bug
> list
> >> [1] allocating to release 1.1 those bugs that I believed should be
> fixed.
> >> I was looking for the sort of thing which showed a failure of some
> feature
> >> of Tuscany, didn't obviously have a work round and that wasn't
> obviously
> >> some kind of enhancement from what we have already. Difficult to apply
> this
> >> consistently and I'm sure we would all come up with different lists.
> Non the
> >> less I came up with 9 JIRA on the page of 50 (I moved some others as
> I'm
> >> trying to address as many of the release build related bugs as I can.
> I'm
> >> not counting them for this purpose). Just be multiplying that up for
> the
> >> remaining pages that gives us over 30 must fixes before 1.1.  So if you
> >> are planning to work on the release during the rest of the year please
> use
> >> this as a guide.
> >>
> >> In reality I know we won't get these all done but we need to ensure 1.1
> .
> >> is of suitable quality. Perhaps a more realistic way of looking at this
> is
> >> if we we had to do 2 each before we start voting on a release candidate
> in
> >> January which two would they be? I'm working my way though the
> (hopefully)
> >> straightforward release related JIRA but I expect the RC process will
> raise
> >> more of these so experience tells us we will have these to deal with
> also.
> >>
> >> Any thoughts about how we approach this?
> >>
> >> Regards
> >>
> >> Simon
> >>
> >> [1]
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&&pid=12310210&status=1&status=3&status=4&component=-1&component=12310625&component=12311294&component=12310646&component=12310649&component=12311818&component=12310652&component=12311651&component=12310647&component=12310952&component=12311790&component=12311980&component=12311785&component=12311645&component=12311586&component=12311583&component=12310648&component=12311793&component=12311650&component=12310921&component=12311792&component=12311791&component=12311648&component=12311890&component=12310651&component=12310800&component=12311649&component=12310650&component=12310801&component=12311647&component=12311910&component=12310644&component=12311354&component=12310590&component=12310642&fixfor=-1&fixfor=-2&fixfor=12312358&sorter/field=issuekey&sorter/order=DESC
> >>
> >>
> >
> > As you may have noticed I've just moved over the rest of the easy JIRA
> that
> > relate to samples for 1.1 and that mostly got deferred last time round.
> > These are primarily README type fixes and take little effort to either
> fix
> > or discount so I'll get on with them. I've still not had any feedback on
> how
> > people feel about the harder technical JIRA that remain outstanding.
> >
> > Currently I'm waiting for a few things before I can potentially cut the
> > branch. In particular,
> >
> > JMS
> > Venkat's last policy changes (he's committed but there may be a few
> > adjustments to make)
> > Some help with the Saxon dependency
> >
> > This means the formal branch won't happen for a couple of days yet.
> However,
> >
> >
> > Should we get some more of the outstanding JIRA fixed for 1.1?
> > If so which ones (I moved some of the likely candidates to 1.1 before
> > Christmas but not all), i.e. who is going to do what ?
> >
> > Personally there are a couple of domain related JIRAs I want to fix but
> I
> > need to know from everyone whether I should go ahead and cut the branch
> > (once I'm in a position to do so) or whether we are going to spend some
> time
> > fixing JIRA.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Simon
> >
>
> +1 to go ahead and cut a branch as soon as possible, there are JIRAs
> open, but there will be more releases too. I want to do minor clean up
> of the getting started sample for 1.1 but I guess that can miss the
> branch.
>
> --
> Jean-Sebastien
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: tuscany-dev-unsubscribe@ws.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: tuscany-dev-help@ws.apache.org
>
> OK, It seems generally that people want me to cut the branch sooner rather
than later.

So assuming we get the build funnies that have cropped up today sorted out
and everyone is happy to duplicate further change from trunk to branch, can
I suggest that I cut the branch Friday (tomorrow) morning UK.

This will mean changing the pom versions in trunk. Does
1.2-incubating-SNAPSHOT sound OK?

I would then look to have an RC1 for review early next week.

Regards

Simon

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message