tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From "Simon Laws" <simonsl...@googlemail.com>
Subject R1.1. - Host-jms-activemq
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2008 09:09:18 GMT
Firstly, should this be included in 1.1?

This new JMS host module can only be used once on any particular machine as
it uses a specific port (61616?). This causes problems in our demos and
samples unless we choose our dependencies carefully. If you use the
manifest/all approach then you always get this jar and the second app you
start, for example, where the sample comprises server and client apps, will
fail to start.

It feels like we need a more configurable way of connecting SCA applications
to JMS providers that may already be running without forcing a new one to be
started.

I've got round this for now by auto generating the client application ant
scripts that are affected which has the effect of explicitly listing the
dependencies and hence misses out host-jms-activemq where it's not required.

Thoughts?

Simon