tuscany-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "ant elder" <ant.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: R1.1. Status - was: Outstanding JIRA,, release 1.1 and Quality
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2008 15:06:50 GMT
On Jan 3, 2008 2:56 PM, Simon Laws <simonslaws@googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Jan 2, 2008 10:34 PM, Jean-Sebastien Delfino <jsdelfino@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
> > Simon Laws wrote:
> > > On Dec 20, 2007 10:07 PM, Simon Laws <simonslaws@googlemail.com>
> wrote:
> > >
> > >> As an experiment I looked down the first page of the outstanding bug
> > list
> > >> [1] allocating to release 1.1 those bugs that I believed should be
> > fixed.
> > >> I was looking for the sort of thing which showed a failure of some
> > feature
> > >> of Tuscany, didn't obviously have a work round and that wasn't
> > obviously
> > >> some kind of enhancement from what we have already. Difficult to
> apply
> > this
> > >> consistently and I'm sure we would all come up with different lists.
> > Non the
> > >> less I came up with 9 JIRA on the page of 50 (I moved some others as
> > I'm
> > >> trying to address as many of the release build related bugs as I can.
> > I'm
> > >> not counting them for this purpose). Just be multiplying that up for
> > the
> > >> remaining pages that gives us over 30 must fixes before 1.1.  So if
> you
> > >> are planning to work on the release during the rest of the year
> please
> > use
> > >> this as a guide.
> > >>
> > >> In reality I know we won't get these all done but we need to ensure
> 1.1
> > .
> > >> is of suitable quality. Perhaps a more realistic way of looking at
> this
> > is
> > >> if we we had to do 2 each before we start voting on a release
> candidate
> > in
> > >> January which two would they be? I'm working my way though the
> > (hopefully)
> > >> straightforward release related JIRA but I expect the RC process will
> > raise
> > >> more of these so experience tells us we will have these to deal with
> > also.
> > >>
> > >> Any thoughts about how we approach this?
> > >>
> > >> Regards
> > >>
> > >> Simon
> > >>
> > >> [1]
> >
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&&pid=12310210&status=1&status=3&status=4&component=-1&component=12310625&component=12311294&component=12310646&component=12310649&component=12311818&component=12310652&component=12311651&component=12310647&component=12310952&component=12311790&component=12311980&component=12311785&component=12311645&component=12311586&component=12311583&component=12310648&component=12311793&component=12311650&component=12310921&component=12311792&component=12311791&component=12311648&component=12311890&component=12310651&component=12310800&component=12311649&component=12310650&component=12310801&component=12311647&component=12311910&component=12310644&component=12311354&component=12310590&component=12310642&fixfor=-1&fixfor=-2&fixfor=12312358&sorter/field=issuekey&sorter/order=DESC
> > >>
> > >>
> > >
> > > As you may have noticed I've just moved over the rest of the easy JIRA
> > that
> > > relate to samples for 1.1 and that mostly got deferred last time
> round.
> > > These are primarily README type fixes and take little effort to either
> > fix
> > > or discount so I'll get on with them. I've still not had any feedback
> on
> > how
> > > people feel about the harder technical JIRA that remain outstanding.
> > >
> > > Currently I'm waiting for a few things before I can potentially cut
> the
> > > branch. In particular,
> > >
> > > JMS
> > > Venkat's last policy changes (he's committed but there may be a few
> > > adjustments to make)
> > > Some help with the Saxon dependency
> > >
> > > This means the formal branch won't happen for a couple of days yet.
> > However,
> > >
> > >
> > > Should we get some more of the outstanding JIRA fixed for 1.1?
> > > If so which ones (I moved some of the likely candidates to 1.1 before
> > > Christmas but not all), i.e. who is going to do what ?
> > >
> > > Personally there are a couple of domain related JIRAs I want to fix
> but
> > I
> > > need to know from everyone whether I should go ahead and cut the
> branch
> > > (once I'm in a position to do so) or whether we are going to spend
> some
> > time
> > > fixing JIRA.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > Simon
> > >
> >
> > +1 to go ahead and cut a branch as soon as possible, there are JIRAs
> > open, but there will be more releases too. I want to do minor clean up
> > of the getting started sample for 1.1 but I guess that can miss the
> > branch.
> >
> > --
> > Jean-Sebastien
> >
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail: tuscany-dev-unsubscribe@ws.apache.org
> > For additional commands, e-mail: tuscany-dev-help@ws.apache.org
> >
> > OK, It seems generally that people want me to cut the branch sooner
> rather
> than later.
>
> So assuming we get the build funnies that have cropped up today sorted out
> and everyone is happy to duplicate further change from trunk to branch,
> can
> I suggest that I cut the branch Friday (tomorrow) morning UK.
>
> This will mean changing the pom versions in trunk. Does
> 1.2-incubating-SNAPSHOT sound OK?
>
> I would then look to have an RC1 for review early next week.
>
> Regards
>
> Simon
>

+1, could drag on for ages unless the release branch is taken.

   ...ant

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message