tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From "ant elder" <ant.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: R1.1. - Host-jms-activemq
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2008 09:42:39 GMT
On Jan 2, 2008 9:09 AM, Simon Laws <simonslaws@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Firstly, should this be included in 1.1?
>
> This new JMS host module can only be used once on any particular machine
> as
> it uses a specific port (61616?). This causes problems in our demos and
> samples unless we choose our dependencies carefully. If you use the
> manifest/all approach then you always get this jar and the second app you
> start, for example, where the sample comprises server and client apps,
> will
> fail to start.
>
> It feels like we need a more configurable way of connecting SCA
> applications
> to JMS providers that may already be running without forcing a new one to
> be
> started.
>
> I've got round this for now by auto generating the client application ant
> scripts that are affected which has the effect of explicitly listing the
> dependencies and hence misses out host-jms-activemq where it's not
> required.
>

> Thoughts?
>
> Simon

I'm not sure if we should include this or not yet, i'm still working on the
jms binding.

There's two issues - how to configure it, and how to control if its used or
not.

We don't yet seem to have any way for configuring things like default ports
in Tuscany. There is some mention in the JMS binding spec of using the
definitions.xml file for some configuration so maybe something could be done
in that. The default port configuration problem is worse for the JMS binding
than say the WS binding as there's not the option in JMS of specifying the
port in the binding uri as there is with the WS binding.

We need to change the JMS host so that it only starts the broker when
something actually uses a service with binding.jms, and that will help some
with the controlling if its used or not problem.

   ...ant