tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From "Amita Vadhavkar" <amita.vadhav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [SDO] questions about support for Enumeration facet
Date Tue, 01 Jan 2008 10:41:43 GMT
Hi Kelvin,
Yes , below is the change I tried to see to make a Property of type Strings,
in DataObjectUtil -

  protected static Property getGlobalProperty(HelperContext hc, String uri,
String name)
  {
    Property property;
    if (ExtendedMetaData.ANNOTATION_URI.equals(uri)) {
      if ("minExclusive".equals(name) ||...
          "enumeration".equals(name) ||
          "pattern".equals(name))
      {
          if("enumeration".equals(name) || "pattern".equals(name)) {
              property = SDOUtil.createOpenContentProperty(hc, uri, name,
((ModelFactoryImpl)ModelFactory.INSTANCE).getStrings());
          } else {
              property = SDOUtil.createOpenContentProperty(hc, uri, name,
((ModelFactoryImpl)ModelFactory.INSTANCE).getString());
          }
      }
      else
      {
        property = null;
      }
    }
    else
    {
      property = hc.getTypeHelper().getOpenContentProperty(uri, name);
      if (property == null)
      {
        property = SDOUtil.createOpenContentProperty(hc, uri, name,
((ModelFactoryImpl)ModelFactory.INSTANCE).getString());
      }
    }
    return property;
  }

Regards,
Amita

On Dec 21, 2007 4:31 PM, kelvin goodson <kelvin@thegoodsons.org.uk> wrote:

> [...]
> >   if(metaObject instanceof EDataTypeImpl){
> >       System.out.println("metaObject instance of EDataTypeImpl");
> >       if(property.getName().equals("enumeration")) {
> >           System.out.println
> >
> (((EDataTypeImpl)metaObject).getExtendedMetaData().getEnumerationFacet());
> >           List enumVals =
> > ((EDataTypeImpl)metaObject).getExtendedMetaData().getEnumerationFacet();
> >           System.out.println("enum size from **EMF**"+enumVals.size());
> >       }
> >   }
> >
> > 2) whereas below returns size as 2, i.e. does not count for null
> > result = SDOUtil.createFromString(getInstanceProperty(type,
> > "enumeration").getType(), type.get(getInstanceProperty(type,
> > "enumeration")).toString());
> > System.out.println("Frank:enumeration"+result+", result
> > type:"+result.getClass().getName()+", size-"+ ((java.util.ArrayList
> > )result).size());
> >
> > in 2) the EMF call is made to EcoreUtil.createFromString
> > ((EDataType)dataType,
> > literal);
> > and assumed that DataObjectUtil.getGlobalProperty() checks for enum and
> > does
> > SDOUtil.createOpenContentProperty() for Strings.
> >
> > Suggestions?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Amita
> >
> > On Dec 17, 2007 4:10 PM, kelvin goodson <kelvin@thegoodsons.org.uk>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Amita,
> > >
> > >   I think Frank's note in this thread is key to the solution,  in that
> > the
> > > line ...
> > > return SDOUtil.createFromString(property.getType(), value);
> > > will create a List if the type of the Property is set to "
> > > commonj.sdo{Strings}"
> > >

> > > Regards, Kelvin.

> Property)
> > > can

> > > sticks
> > useful
> > the
> getMinLengthFacet()

> > ((EDataTypeImpl)metaObject).getExtendedMetaData().getEnumerationFacet();

> the
> > > only

> > code

> unchanged.

> DataObjectUtil.getMetaObjectInstanceProperty
> > (),

> List.

> then
> > > the
> > > > >

> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANY/Tuscany+SDO+Java+-+FAQ

> into
> > > EMF
> > this.  Comments

> option
> > 2
> > > is
> > > metadata

> what
> > > likely
> > bit
> > > of

> > getMetaObjectInstanceProperty(EModelElement

Type's
> > get
> > > string
> > > that